Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Acura TL CDM headlight

Make sure you get the HID gasket covers from a 2003 TL instead of using tape and silicon like I did. You will also need to notch out the blinker sockets a bit larger to fit.

I got the turn signals from Honda Accord and the running light from Toyota Prius.Part numbers are 33302-SR3-A01 Honda Part Number,90075-60004 Toyota plug. 

I created my own wire harness covered it in heat shrink tubing over the soldered wires,then siliconed any exposed areas. When installing the bulbs I covered them in silicon to keep out any leaks. I suggest going over the entire headlight with silicon.I've had these fill up with moisture too many times before I got sorb-it absorbers packets and put them in the headlight.





Minor condensation to prove it was happening.It has been covered entirely with moisture,depends on the temperature.


Some installed pictures.


Blue LED bulb 


So far I have replaced the passenger side headlight due to condensation and these headlights have been nothing but a PAIN. Luckily now I have them clean and how I like.Hopefully they will stay that way. Other than that they look pretty sweet. That's my 

No comments:

Post a Comment