Monday, March 23, 2015

Exterior Ghost lights

External Ghost Light 




To stat with this I had to open up my ghost light and add some glue because the logo was loose and would turn anyway it wanted. After this I silicone every part I could. So far it's held up.

In the trunk there is a wire already going through a gasket to the lower bumper so I poked through there with my wires.



Ran the wires to the left and up through the pillars. There are 3 clips on the headliner rear that pop out easily. Run the wire through there and to the dome light.



Kept getting different results trying to tap into the 3 wires on the dome light so I shoved my leads into the mounting tabs of the bulb then added lots of solder. Basically tapping right into the leads for the dome light.


This is where the wires comes out of the trunk and into the bottom bumper area.



Find a good spot with some clearance and drill a hole with the drill bit that came with the ghost lights. Should go through 2 layers here. Thread the holding nut on the backside to hold the light in place. Connect and insulate your ghost light wires to the wire we ran to the dome light. 


No comments:

Post a Comment